Blue Monster Thread Seal Tape
Blue Monster PTFE Thread Seal Tape
Blue Monster PTFE Thread Seal Tape
pipes with Blue Monster thread seal tape applied
Blue Monster PTFE Thread Seal Tape is a thicker, denser, general-purpose thread seal tape that comes in a monstrous 1,429" roll. Thats 5 times more tape than conventional rolls of low-density thin tapes. Fewer wraps are necessary to affect a leak-proof seal and it applies easily. No waste and no re-taping make sealing joints a breeze.
Blue Monster thread sealing tape is manufactured from PTFE resin, a polymer consisting of recurring tetrafluoroethylene monomers whose formula is (CF2-CF2)n. It is inert and compatible with a very wide range of materials. Use Blue Monster on threads made from galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more.
Go to Product Listing
|It can be used on pipes carrying the following:
- Acids, concentrated
(see precautions) and Acids, dilute
- Alcohols, Gasohol
- Aliphatic solvents, Aromatic solvents, Chlorinated solvents
- Ammonia, liquid
- Caustics, concentrated
- Compressed air, Steam, Water
- Cutting oils
- Diesel fuel oil
- Ethylene glycol, Glycerine
- Fatty acids
- Heating oils, Kerosene
- Hydraulic fluids, Hydraulic oils
- Hydrogen, gaseous and liquid, Inert gases, gaseous and liquid
- Jet fuel
- Ketones, Petroleum solvents
- Liquid Petroleum Gas, Natural gas
- Mineral oils, Vegetable oils
- Nitrogen, gaseous and liquid
- Soap, liquid
Composition: 99.6% PTFE < 0.4%
Pigment Color: Blue
Thickness: 0.0035" +/- 10%
Tensile Strength: 15N / mm2
Pressure rating: Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape has been used to seal fittings carrying water and oil at pressures up to 10,000 PSI or 69,000kPa
Note:Pressure ratings are relative to the quality and torque of the fittings and the amount of tape used.
Temperature Range:-450ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°F to +500ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°F (-268ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°C to +260ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500o F or +260ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°C. Decomposition is slow up to 750ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°F or 400ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â°C. Although decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
Fittings above 1ÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â½" (38mm) diameter.
- Use 3/4" (19mm) wide tape for fittings up to 2" (51mm) in diameter. Use 1" (25mm) wide tape for fittings larger than 2" (51mm) in diameter.
- Follow the directions under "Instructions".
Do not use Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape on oxygen lines!
Mill-Rose recommends Green Oxygen Tape for oxygen lines. For further safety details consult the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Note: Mill-Rose also offers a Yellow Gas Line Tape where certain codes require it.
Keep Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape clean. Replace the clip on the spool after use. Store in a clean place. PTFE is virtually chemically resistant to all media, however there are a few exceptions. Alkali metals such as elemental sodium, potassium and lithium are to be avoided. These alkali metals remove fluorine from the polymer molecule. Extremely potent oxidizers such as fluorine (F2) and related compounds (e.g., chlorine trifluoride(CIF3) can be handled by PTFE, but only with great care. Since fluorine is absorbed into the resin, the mixture becomes sensitive to a source of ignition such as impact. Other media to avoid are 80% NaOH or KOH, metal hydrides such as boranes (e.g., B2H6), aluminum chloride, ammonia (NH3), certain amines (R-NH2), imines (R-NH) and 70% nitric acid at temperatures near the suggested service level.
Limited Liability: The information presented is in good faith, but no warranty is given nor are the results guaranteed. Since we have no control over the physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Mill-Rose disclaims any liability for untoward results. A new, thicker, professional-grade density
- Monstrous roll (1429")
- Seals threads effectively in more applications
- No need for pipe dope.
- Easier to use - no waste!
- All purpose - use on iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more.
- Compatible with a broad range of gases and liquids
- Compatible with a broad range of piping materials
Will not harden or crack on the joints
- Effective across a broad range of temperatures and pressures
- Acts as a thread lubricant and anti-seize
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion of threads
- No curing time
- Unlimited shelf life