Mill-Rose Stainless Steel Thread Sealing Tape 1/2 in. x 260 in.
- This Item Is No Longer Available
- 0.45 LBS
Frequently bought together:
- Mill-Rose Stainless Steel Thread Sealing PTFE Tape is a unique thread sealing tape which prevents stainless steel fittings from galling or seizing during assembly and disassembly.
- The tape is thicker (.0045" +/-10% and denser (2.50/grams/cubic centimeter +/-110%) than most tapes.
- The added thickness and density also ensures an effective seal up to 12,000 PSI. (Not to be used with oxygen systems.
- Applications: Stainless steel pipe systems, including joints and connections, bolts, nuts, valves, flanges, studs, threaded fittings, bushings, plugs and assemblies.
- Also used for protection from corrosion, seizing, galling, rust carbon fusion and galvanized pitting.
- Composition: 90% PTFE/10% nickel
- Color: Silver
- Length: 260" (6.6m)
- Width: 1/2" (12mm), 3/4" (19mm), 1” (25mm)
- Thickness: 0.0045" +/-10% (0.115mm +/-10%)
- Density: 1.6g/cm3 +/-10%
- Elongation: 50%
- Temperature range: -450 Degrees F to +500 Degrees F (-268 Degrees C to +260 Degrees C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500 Degrees F or +260 Degrees C.
- Decomposition is slow up to 750 Degrees F or +400 Degrees C. Although decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
- Tensile strength: 10-12N/mm2
- Recommended for Threaded Fittings - OK for water service - do not use for food applications.