Mill-Rose Stainless Steel Thread Tape
TAKE 5% OFF
All Thread Tapes & Sealants
- Mill-Rose Stainless Steel Thread Sealing PTFE Tape is a unique thread sealing tape which prevents stainless steel fittings from galling or seizing during assembly and disassembly. The tape is thicker (.0045" +/-10% and denser (2.50/grams/cubic centimeter +/-110%) than most tapes. The added thickness and density also ensures an effective seal up to 12,000 PSI. (Not to be used with oxygen systems.
- Applications: Stainless steel pipe systems, including joints and connections, bolts, nuts, valves, flanges, studs, threaded fittings, bushings, plugs and assemblies. Also used for protection from corrosion, seizing, galling, rust carbon fusion and galvanized pitting.
- Composition: 90% PTFE/10% nickel
- Color: Silver
- Length: 260" (6.6m)
- Width: 1/2" (12mm), 3/4" (19mm), 1” (25mm)
- Thickness: 0.0045" +/-10% (0.115mm +/-10%)
- Density: 1.6g/cm3 +/-10%
- Elongation: 50%
- Temperature range: -450 Degrees F to +500 Degrees F (-268 Degrees C to +260 Degrees C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500 Degrees F or +260 Degrees C. Decomposition is slow up to 750 Degrees F or +400 Degrees C. Although decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
- Tensile strength: 10-12N/mm2
- Reccomended for Threaded Fittings - OK for water service - do not use for food applications.